In the midst of the bitter cold winter months, the last thing anyone of us wants is to have our furnace breakdown. It goes without saying that should you find yourself faced with a malfunctioning furnace you are apt to panic as the challenges present themselves. With that said, the team here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling has got you covered. However, we would like to take this time to share with our valued clients some steps you can take on your own to resolve your heating issues before making that emergency call.
If after attempting these practical steps, however, you still are faced with no heat, then rest assured our team of highly skilled and experienced HVAC technicians are on hand to identify the source of the problem and provide fast and effective solutions. In just a flash of time, our technicians will have your furnace back on track and your home and family warm and comfortable again.
Practical DIY Steps You Can Take
There are a few simple but practical steps you can take if your heating system has failed you.
- · First and foremost, if you find that there are other electrical devices that have also failed then you should check the circuit breaker in your home. In most cases, the issue at hand, under this scenario, would be the actual circuit breaker itself.
- · Check the service switch on your furnace to ensure that it has not been switched to the off position accidentally.
- · Change out the air filter. If you determine that the circuit breaker or the furnace switch are not the source of the problem, then your next step is to check the air filter. If the air filter is dirty having accumulated so much dust, dander, dirt and debris, it can become blocked. When there is a blockage in the air filter, the amount of hot air that is blown into your living space becomes minimized and can in the long term cause the furnace to shut down. Changing out the air filter would then allow the necessary air flow and allow the furnace to once again filter warm air.
- · Take a peek at the thermostat settings. Much like the furnace switch, check the thermostat to ensure that it has not been accidentally switched off of the heating mode. If your home is equipped with a programmable thermostat and you find that the temperature readings are inaccurate, be sure to replace the battery in the thermostat to allow the thermostat to read appropriate temperatures and your malfunctioning furnace to begin running again and generate the necessary heat to your home.
- · Lastly, perform a simple inspection of your furnace looking specifically for a blower motor that is not working properly or a pilot light that may have gone out. If, by chance, your furnace runs on propane, be sure to check the fuel and confirm that the tank has not run out.
Here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling, our team of skilled professionals is steadfast in our commitment to meet the individual needs of all our valued clients. We take tremendous pride in our superior HVAC services we provide and in our high customer service and customer satisfaction ratings.
With all that said, if, after going through the DIY steps above, you still find yourself faced with a malfunctioning furnace, then be sure to reach out to one of our dedicated team members and schedule your service appointment. We look forward to serving you and to ensuring that your home and family stay warm winter after winter. With this new year upon us, we want to send along wishes from our little family to yours for a very safe and prosperous 2023 ahead!