Sitting by a hot fire is a nice luxury in the winter… with the heater turned on. A fireplace used as your main source of heat isn’t exactly ideal. South Nashville Heating and Cooling, servicing the greater Nashville area, wants to keep you and your family warm this winter season! Is your heating system not keeping up? Not performing correctly? Here are the top 5 central heating system problems:
1. 100% Loss of Heat – If you turn on your furnace and get no response from the heating system, you need to figure out where the problem started. Is your heating system getting electrical power? Is the pilot light igniting? Is your thermostat on with a temperature high enough to activate your furnace? If you check these common areas & still find your heating system unresponsive, call South Nashville Heating and Cooling. We are the experts in heating repair and install in the Nashville area.
2. Partial Loss of Heat – If you notice that you are still getting heat, but the furnace doesn’t seem to be operating at it’s highest efficiency, there could be other issues going on. Your ductwork could have possible problems with leaks or blockages. Your radiator (if you have one) could need bleeding to release trapped air.
3. Ductwork System – Since ductwork system is so extensive throughout homes, there are many places where blockages can occur from issues like rodents or insects (ew!). A ductwork blockage will generally require the service of an expert like South Nashville Heating and Cooling. We can diagnose and fix the issue at hand. Ductwork leaks, resulting in heat escaping from the ducts and not expelling where you want it, also requires expert service to repair.
4. Malfunctioning Thermostat – If you notice that the temperature of your home begins to have crazy extremes – high temperatures one minute and freezing temperatures the next, your thermostat may be malfunctioning. This could cause your furnace to misread the actual temperature of your home and run when it shouldn’t or fail to run when it should. Call South Nashville Heating and Cooling to come out and recalibrate your thermostat. If your thermostat can’t be repaired, you might consider replacing it with a programmable thermostat that will help you reduce your heating bills.
5. Pilot Lighting – To properly work, the pilot light of your furnace must be lit continuously. If you don’t see it lit, you will need to reignite it. If the pilot light is on, check to assess its strength. The pilot light flame should be strong and blue – not yellow and weak. A weak pilot light could be a dangerous situation, resulting in high levels of carbon monoxide in your home, which could be fatal. Call South Nashville Heating and Cooling immediately if you see indications of pilot light problems.
South Nashville Heating and Cooling are the experts in heating repair and installs and provide efficient service in the greater Nashville, Franklin and Brentwood area. Call us today for an estimate at 615-834-1636.