As the temperature drops here in Middle Tennessee (It’s Fall Y’all!!!) it’s time to turn off that air conditioner and turn on the heater! At South Nashville Heating and Cooling, we have some tips to make your winter warmer and more cost-effective!
- Do not let your heat escape! Make sure all of your doors and windows are shut tightly. Check for leaks, and replace old weather stripping or caulk.
- Use your window shades and drapes to maximize heating benefits. Keep shades closed at night to conserve heat. Open the shades during the day to let the light in.
- Add humidity. Humid air feels warmer than dry air. Increasing the humidity of your home also helps you resist winter colds and moisturizes dry skin. Ask us about Trane Humidifiers!
- Keep your furnace air filter clean. A dirty or clogged filter can make your furnace work harder, which costs you more money!
- Much of the heat escaping homes is lost through your attic. Be sure to close off any attic vents or fans during the winter and check to make sure your attic is well-insulated! Our technicians can help!