Most of us have heard of ductless heating and cooling systems and are familiar with what these attractive indoor devices look like, but understanding the benefits of these systems is a whole different story. With that said the team here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling want to take this time to familiarize our clients on the features and benefits of ductless mini split heating and cooling systems.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF DUCTLESS MINI SPLIT
- Highly Flexible Solutions – Typical heat pumps and central cooling systems force air, both heated and cooled, through the ductwork. Ductless mini split systems deliver the hot and cold air directly into different zones. A system consists of a very small outdoor unit and one or more indoor units that simply need to be installed and mounted properly and be able to be plugged into electricity.
In addition, split systems offer both residential and commercial clients a very cost-effective solution to the old-fashioned window air conditioners, electric baseboard heaters and space heaters, all of which use a great deal of energy.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality – Indoor air quality contributes to the overall health and safety of your family. With typical HVAC systems, in order to maintain indoor air quality, it is necessary to have routine maintenance and cleaning performed on the system, although with such cleanings often times pollutants, allergens and dust still remain in the atmosphere. Ductless mini systems, on the other hand, are equipped with a multi-stage filtration that drastically minimizes the pollutants, dust, allergens and other particles present in your home’s atmosphere.
- Quick and Easy Installation – If you purchase a new central HVAC system, it could take up to a week to complete the full installation and in the interim cause a good deal of confusion and disruption in your home. With a ductless mini split heating and cooling system, the installation is quick and easy and often times can be fully installed, up and functioning in only a day’s time.
- Money Savings – One of the greatest benefits of switching over to ductless heating and cooling is the overall savings you will experience. Ductless systems operate on much less power. In addition, they are smaller in size and deliver the temperature controlled air right into a room or zone which means the loss in efficiency is none. Multi-split systems allow for the creation of zones within a home, which enables homeowners to only heat or cool rooms in use and not those that are unoccupied or not in use. With that said, homeowners are able to save money on utilities and are even eligible for utility rebates.
- A Lower Carbon Footprint – Because of the zoning element, the small size of the ductless systems and the fact that they follow Energy Star guidelines, homeowners can experience much greater energy efficiency with ductless mini split heating and cooling systems. This ultimately contributes to a reduced carbon output. These systems minimize effects on the environment by using R410A refrigerant that has less of an impact on the environment.
THE PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
If you are in the market for a new heating and cooling system and would like more information on the ductless mini split heating and cooling system, then surely you have come to the right place. Our team of dedicated HVAC specialists here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling are on hand to answer all your questions and address any concerns you may have. Should you determine that a new ductless system is the ideal solution for you then we are the team for you. Simply give a shout out to one of our staff and schedule your free consultation today. We look forward to serving you and send along wishes from our family to yours for a safe and happy holiday season!