Well, summer has certainly made its presence known which means that your air conditioning system is going to be tasked with meeting the cooling needs of your family all season long. The team of experts here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling wants to take this time to remind all our valued clients of the importance of routine maintenance. Performing preventative maintenance and ongoing care can help to avoid air conditioning problems including costly AC repairs and a system malfunction.
It is important to keep your system up and running properly throughout the scorching hot summer months. To do so there are a few common system problems you want to try to avoid.
Common Air Conditioning System Problems to Avoid
Here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling, we want to provide insight to our customers on those system problems they should be on the lookout for.
· Failed run capacitors – The proper startup and required run time of your AC system motors occurs by way of run capacitors. When these capacitors are damaged or not running properly, the fan motor or the compressor will be shutdown automatically with a system safety setting. By performing routine maintenance, our team can identify any potential problems that may occur with the run capacitors well in advance.
· Dirty air filters – It is imperative that you change the air filters in your AC system not only at the start of the summer season but routinely throughout the summer months. Dirty air filters that are packed with dust, dirt, dander and all sorts of other pollutants and contaminants will easily minimize the efficiency and overall performance of your AC system. So be sure to change those filters regularly.
· Low refrigerant levels – If your air conditioning system has a leak of any kind the refrigerant levels will be reduced. This will require your system to be recharged. If the leak is minimal, it will require but one recharge. However, if a leak is much larger the system may require multiple recharges which can end up being quite costly. With that said, if you detect a leak in your system, contact our team immediately so that we can provide needed repairs and perform a system inspection to ensure no other leaks are present.
· A system motor failure – When excessive strains are put on your AC system, you may very well find yourself faced with air conditioning problems including damaged compressors or even motor failures. When you perform preventative and routine maintenance on your system, as well as inspections and tune-ups, you are sure to identify system problems far in advance of any motor failure.
· Dirty AC coils – The outdoor compressor unit of your AC system has a very important role in its overall performance. For this reason, it is important to ensure that the compressor and the coils are free of dirt and debris. Both should be cleaned properly at the start of the season and throughout the summer months as well.
It is ever so important to avoid all these common system problems during the summer months. Here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling, we strive to deliver the highest quality HVAC parts and services this side of the state. Our team of certified HVAC technicians is steadfast in their commitment to meet the individual needs of all our valued clients. If you are a homeowner who is experiencing air conditioning problems or are in need of routine services, an inspection or a tune-up, we are the team for you. Simply reach out to one of our team and schedule your service appointment today. Summer is here as is the heat, so don’t get caught without a properly functioning air conditioning system. For all your AC system needs, trust the pros here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling summer after summer, year after year!