We are fairly confident that every homeowner has found themselves pondering over ways in which they can make their homes more comfortable and warmer during the winter season. Though the heat is on, your home can still be somewhat cold and uncomfortable. With that said, we here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling, a top-rated Nashville Heating company wants to share some simple tips on how you can make your home warmer this winter.
Despite the fact that your heating system is fully functioning and operating properly, you may still encounter some cold air issues. So, let’s share some ways to make your home comfy, cozy and warm.
Tips on How to Make Your Home Warmer
Here are some simple but important tips for you to follow:
- Seal off all the leaks and drafts – One of the biggest reasons why you still feel cold in your home, even with the heat on, is that you have leaks and drafts in your home. Windows and doors can present with cracks, spaces or gaps that allow the cold air to come in. Take time out to seal off these drafts with caulking, tape, door stoppers or weatherstripping and you are sure to feel the difference.
- Add some insulation – If your home is not properly insulated you will surely lose heat. It is important for your roof and walls to be fully insulated in order to keep the heat generated by your heating system within your home. You should consider adding insulation to your attic as well.
- Window treatments keep the heat in – Insulated curtains and heavy blinds are a perfect way to keep the heat inside your living space. When the weather is cold outside, keep them drawn and enjoy a warmer and more comfortable space.
- A programmable thermostat is a must – A programmable thermostat can save you energy and help save on heating costs since you are able to set the temperatures accordingly when you are sleeping, working or traveling away from home. You can set the temperatures lower when you are away from home and then raise them up once you return.
- Humidifiers help a lot – When the air in your home is dry, it tends to feel cooler. When you use a humidifier, it adds moisture to your living space which will help you to feel a whole lot cozier and warmer.
- Space heaters make a difference – You can easily add to your heating system by investing in space heaters for your home. A space heater is a perfect option for those rooms in your home that tend to be colder than others. When used properly and safely a space heater can definitely make a difference in the atmosphere in any room.
- Natural sunlight is healthy and warm – On those bright, sunny winter days, be sure to open up your blinds and curtains and allow Mother Nature’s natural sunlight in. The sunlight is a surefire way of warming up your living space and if you have a southwest exposure, you will enjoy a whole lot of warm sunshine.
- Upgrade your heating system – If you have an old or outdated heating system, it is sure to be challenged with meeting your heating needs. Reach out to one of our team for more information on a new and more energy efficient heating system today.
If you follow these simple but important tips you are sure to find that your home will be much warmer and more comfortable this winter season. The team here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling takes tremendous pride in meeting the individual needs of all our clients and that includes sharing useful and important tips when we can. For all your heating system needs, and to enjoy all the comforts of your home, put your trust in the pros here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling, a highly recognized and reputable South Nashville Heating company. For more information on how to keep your home warm, to schedule a free consultation or to schedule a service appointment be sure to contact our staff today. The New Year is upon us so we want to take this time to send along wishes for a safe and happy New Year, from our family to yours!