7 Tips to a Warm & Cozy Winter Home
Brrr! It’s official: the days are only going to get colder. As Middle Tennessee makes its way into the winter heating season, those dropping temperatures can quickly add up to soaring energy costs. At South Nashville Heating and Cooling, we have some tips to make your winter home warmer and more cost-effective! Here’s your #1 winter heating mantra for the season: protect the heat you have! Once your home is warm, a key tip in winning the winter tug of war with your energy bill is to keep it warm! Here is a list of 7 tips to a warm & cozy home this winter.
SHUT THE DOOR
- Do not let your heat escape through doors or windows that are not tightly shut.
SEAL WINDOWS & DOORS
- Be sure to apply fresh caulk and window stripping as needed.
NEW, ENERGY EFFICIENT DOORS OR WINDOWS
- In some cases, the installation of new, tightly sealed and energy efficient windows and doors can quickly add up to measurable performance and savings.
USE SHADES & DRAPES
- Use your window shades and drapes to maximize heating benefits. Keep shades closed at night to conserve heat. Open the shades during the day to let the light in.
- Adding humidity to the indoor climate of your home will cause it to feel more comfortable, effectively cutting down on your heating bill. That’s because humid air feels warmer than dry air.
- Humidified air also helps everyone in your home fight winter colds and dry skin!
CHANGE YOUR AIR FILTER
- It’s amazing how much impact something as simple as changing your system’s air filter can be. A clean air filter allows your system to function easily and efficiently.
CHECK YOUR ATTIC
- Much winter heat loss is due to undetected escape routes in the attic. Always check to ensure yours is properly insulated. Also, be sure to close any open vents and turn off any operating fans.
Don’t Get Left Out in the Cold!
At South Nashville Heating & Cooling, we offer professional commercial & residential heating system maintenance, repair and installation you can count on! Give us a call at (615) 834-1636 to set up a free in-home consultation!
FINANCE OPTIONS AVAILABLE
To sign up for a $250 new system rebate, click the link below:
SOUTH NASHVILLE HEATING & COOLING | 501 Veritas St, Nashville, TN | (615) 334-0745