Though your home thermostat is rather small in size, and often goes unnoticed, it is a very useful component of your HVAC system and home. Thermostats are used all year long, whether winter, spring, summer or fall, and play a significant role in keeping our homes comfortable regardless of the season. With that said, the team here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling want to take this time to share advice on the benefits of converting from a manual thermostat to a programmable thermostat.
Your manual thermostat works effectively, but can often times be a bit of a nuisance since you have to adjust it constantly throughout your every day when the temperature changes both inside and out. When you wake up in the morning, you set your thermostat to a specific temperature. When you leave your home for work or otherwise, you set your thermostat to maintain a specific temperature and then increase the temperature when you arrive at home. Finally, when you go to bed at night you lower the temperature in your home by way of setting your manual thermostat so everyone is comfortable as they sleep while being energy efficient at the same time.
It takes time to make adjustments to your manual thermostat, and sometimes the temperatures you initially choose prove to be less than comfortable, requiring you to make even further adjustments. With a programmable thermostat you have so much more control over the temperature settings, and over the timeline for your furnace to remain set at a specific temperature. These state-of-the-art thermostats prove to be a lot more energy efficient and accurate over manual thermostats.
BENEFITS OF A PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTAT
There are a number of reasons why an upgrade to a programmable thermostat would be beneficial to you. The team here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling want to share some of those benefits here with you.
- Cost Savings – Nearly 50% of every household energy bill is specific to heating and air conditioning costs. Investing in one of the innovative thermostats allows you to preset the temperatures in your home for various times of both day and night. With this in mind, you will save money not heating or cooling your living space when there is no one at home.
- Easy to Use Touchscreens – You can set the temperatures in your living space for a number of different hours in the day by way of a simple touch of a screen with your finger. Everything is easily within your access and control with easy to see and easy to program digital screens. You are able to quickly and easily set specific heating schedules in the cold weather months, and even adjust the heating zones in your home accordingly.
- Enjoy Zoned Heating – When you have a zoned heating system you are able to set various temperatures in various sections of your home. You can maintain a lower temperature in a less used room in your house, while keeping other rooms at higher more comfortable temperatures. A zoned heating system also allows each member of the household to enjoy temperature levels that are fitting to their individual needs.
- Temperature Adjustments Are Automatic – When you own a programmable thermostat, you no longer have to spend wasted time making manual adjustments to your thermostat, especially when leaving your home and returning. You can now choose to set individual schedules for various times of day, and days of the week. If your new thermostat is connected directly to your smart device, you can easily make temperature adjustments from anywhere you are. You can simply program specific temperatures at specific hours and days, just once, and never have to be concerned about it again.
- All Your Information at Your Fingertips – Your new programmable thermostat provides you with all the data you need regarding temperature settings and areas of your home. You can set daily schedules, weekly schedules, or even monthly schedules that meet with your family’s needs. The device will also keep you informed of energy usage in your home as well.
TRUST OUR PROFESSIONALS TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR THERMOSTAT INSTALL
With our many years of experience, the team here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling is committed to providing everyone we serve with only the highest quality products and services. Our team is not only professional and prompt, but possesses all the experience, expertise and know-how needed to handle all your heating and cooling needs. We offer competitive yet affordable prices, timelines that are accommodating to the needs of our clients, and 24/7 emergency service as well. With that said, surely when it comes to installing your programmable thermostat, or any other HVAC service or repair needs, we are definitely the team for you. Simply give us a call and schedule your installation today!