With summer right around the corner, the time is now to start planning and scheduling a thorough inspection and HVAC tune-up to ensure you don’t find yourself without air conditioning during the hottest months. It is very important to schedule a system inspection in advance of the warm weather seasons, which can consist of a variety of unpredictable weather conditions.
Since summer is less than 30 days away, you’ll want to be sure to take steps necessary to ensure the proper functionality of your cooling system. With that said, the team here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling want to share some of the benefits of conducting an HVAC tune-up before the hot summer months are upon us.
BENEFITS OF A COOLING SYSTEM INSPECTION AND TUNE-UP
- Improves the indoor air quality of your home – In order to enhance the air quality in your home, it is important to address a few important issues. From air filtration and proper ventilation, to humidification and dehumidification, giving focus to the atmosphere and the quality of the air in your home benefits both the health and safety of your family. As we all know, poor indoor air quality can contribute to a variety of health issues, specifically respiratory conditions. With that in mind, it is a good idea to have the indoor air quality of your home tested regularly and follow a few simple steps on your own, including enhancing the quality. Start by increasing the ventilation in your home and changing air filters routinely. In addition, you should remove various contaminants- such as cigarette smoke, dust your home often, and minimize the use of cleaning products and air fresheners that contain toxins.
- Prevents airborne allergies – Many people are unaware of the fact that dust, mold and other allergens are present within your HVAC system and equipment. Though changing out your air filters helps, scheduling routine maintenance is necessary to further protect your home and family. Once particles make their way into the air handler, they contribute to the formation of mold and bacteria. As time goes on, these accumulated particles find their way into your home atmosphere each and every time you turn your cooling system on. They make their way into your home by way of the cooling and heating ductwork. For this reason, it is important to have your ducts cleaned and routine maintenance performed.
- Avoids costly repairs – It is important to be proactive and schedule necessary maintenance to ensure that your HVAC system is up for the summer cooling challenges. Preventative maintenance allows our skilled technicians to identify problems early on before they can turn into costly repairs in the midst of the summer heat.
- Lowers your monthly utility bills – When you perform an HVAC tune-up and inspection, you enhance the performance of your cooling system, which ultimately helps you to save on your monthly cooling costs. The more efficient your system runs, the less your monthly energy costs will be.
- Extends the lifespan of your system – When you are entirely proactive with the care and maintenance of your HVAC system, rest assured you are contributing to the life expectancy of your system. The more routine maintenance you perform on your system, the longer your system will perform and last.
THE TEAM YOU CAN TRUST
South Nashville Heating and Cooling is a full-service, top-rated heating and cooling company that provides the highest quality service and installations to all our valued clients. Whether you are in need of an HVAC tune-up, an inspection, a system upgrade, or any number of heating and cooling repairs, we are the team for you. To ensure that your HVAC system is equipped to handle the hot scorching temperatures in the summer months ahead, be sure to reach out to one of our staff and schedule your preventative maintenance appointment today.