Now that the temperature is blazing, it’s important to give focus to cooling systems. In the scorching hot summer months, air conditioning provides all the cool and comfort you and your family need. Without a fully functioning air conditioning system, you may find yourself faced with a number of challenges amidst the summer heat. For this reason, performing routine annual maintenance, as well as an inspection, can help to alleviate cooling system problems which can cause difficulties and discomfort along with a hefty dent in your pocketbook.
A knowledge of the components of your cooling system as well as knowledge of common cooling system problems and efficient solutions, can help you to be proactive in the care and maintenance of your HVAC system. Here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling our clients are our #1 priority, which is why we are committed to helping our clients understand important facts about their cooling system. With that said, our team wants to share some common issues that can, over time, result in costly repairs.
COMMON COOLING SYSTEM PROBLEMS
- Dirty Air Filters – It is imperative to change your air filters regularly so as to avoid dirt, pollen, allergen, and dust buildup. When this occurs, the filters get clogged and reduce your system’s airflow and can contribute to your cooling unit freezing up.
- Improper Use or Settings of Your Thermostat – If your home’s thermostat is not set at appropriate settings, this can cause your cooling system to malfunction. When your thermostat settings are not proper or stable, your air conditioner cannot function effectively or efficiently. In addition, when you turn your thermostat on and off multiple times, you contribute to a reduced lifespan of your thermostat and can ultimately result in cooling system problems.
- Compressor Overheats – The compressor cools down the refrigerant and transfers it through the coils, eliminating heat exchange. When the compressor is not functioning properly, your system is unable to cool down your living space.
- Refrigerant Leaks – A coolant or refrigerant leak is a common cooling system problem that reduces the performance of your air conditioner. When you have a leak, the temperature in your home is unable to remain consistent. This causes your system to malfunction.
- Damaged or Corroded Evaporator Coils – The primary function of evaporator coils is to absorb and circulate all the heat present in your home. It then returns the air by way of your system’s ductwork as cold air back into the living space. If the coils become dirty or corroded, you may likely find yourself faced with a serious cooling system problem that will require immediate repairs.
- Clogged Condenser Coils – The system condenser coils are located on the outside of your home. These coils need to be cleaned and maintained regularly in order to perform at peak levels. When the coils get dirty or clogged, they will eventually wear out, thereby preventing your cooling system from working efficiently.
THE TEAM YOU CAN TRUST
Here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling our highly skilled and experienced HVAC technicians stand ready to serve you with all your HVAC needs. Our team is on hand to perform your routine HVAC maintenance and inspections as needed. With the hot summer months in full swing, the time is now to have your cooling system inspected, to identify any potential cooling system problems and provide efficient solutions. Don’t get caught this summer without your air conditioning system. Reach out to one of our team members today, and schedule your routine maintenance and inspection. Don’t delay. Contact us today!