Your HVAC system is by far one of the most important investments you will make for your home and one that is greatly used during the scorching hot summer months. During the summer, your AC system runs continuously, all day and all night. With that said, the team of professionals here at South Nashville Heating & Cooling wants to offer our valued clients important insight on how to increase the lifespan of your system.
A system that runs continuously experiences a great deal of wear and tear over time. Most high-quality HVAC systems that have undergone routine maintenance have a lifespan of nearly 15 years. If, however, routine maintenance is not performed, a system can easily lose up to 5% of its efficiency from one year to the next. Since HVAC systems can be extraordinarily expensive, it makes good sense to perform proper care and maintenance so as not to have to replace the system sooner than necessary.
PROPER MAINTENANCE PAYS OFF
The dedicated team of HVAC specialists here at South Nashville Heating & Cooling highly recommends to all our valued clients that proper routine maintenance be performed on your air conditioning system. In addition to routine maintenance, there are a number of other tips we can offer you to help ensure an increased AC system life span. These tips include:
- Pre-season checkup – Be sure to perform a pre-season checkup of your HVAC system. This checkup should include an inspection of hoses to ensure there are no leaks, and an inspection of the system condensate tube to ensure that it is properly draining.
- Air filters – It is important that you replace your AC system air filter at the start of the summer cooling season and at least once per month throughout the summer months. This will avoid any build up of dust, dander, dirt and other harmful pollutants.
- Check and clean the vents – Be sure to take time out to inspect, clean and vacuum your system air vents and registers before the ongoing use of your cooling system. It is important that registers are not blocked by curtains, furniture, or any other type of items.
- The outside compressor – Make certain that the area surrounding your outside compressor is clean and clear of any bushes, high grass, debris or even outdoor furniture, so as not to interfere with its performance.
- Invest in a new thermostat – Investing in a state of the art programmable thermostat can contribute greatly to the performance of your AC system as well as to energy efficiency and savings. A programmable thermostat allows you to regulate and set the temperatures in your home at specific times of the day and night. It is especially beneficial when you are away from home for an extended length of time on vacation.
- Don’t forget the preventative maintenance – Scheduling an annual tune-up and inspection of your system can help minimize annual operating costs and can most definitely contribute to an extended life expectancy of your cooling system.
YOU CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON US
Here at South Nashville Heating & Cooling, our team of highly experienced HVAC technicians is steadfast in our commitment to providing only the highest quality HVAC products and services. If you find yourself in need of HVAC products, services, or repairs for your AC system, be sure to give a shout out to our licensed team of professionals today. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with the best all-around HVAC services. Don’t delay. Contact our team of professionals today!