With summer in full bloom, your air conditioning system is certainly being challenged with providing you and your family with all your cooling needs. The team here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling wants to take this time to remind all our clients of the importance of ongoing routine AC system maintenance. Routine maintenance helps to avoid system breakdowns and a variety of other AC problems. With that thought in mind, our team wants to share some important data about your AC system and help you to ensure your family stays cool and comfortable for the rest of this summer season.
AC System Problems That Can Occur
There are a variety of issues that can arise with your AC system. Here are a few of the more common problems that you want to be aware of.
- Refrigerant leaks – If your AC system has a leak, you will experience low levels of refrigerant. When this occurs, it is necessary to recharge your AC. Once you determine the size of the leak, you can then determine if a single recharge will satisfy your system or if multiple recharges are necessary. Keeping in mind that system recharges can be costly, you want to give immediate attention to any leaks you may discover. Performing routine system check ups will help to identify any leaks or other potential problems and save you lots of money.
- Clean filters are a must – It is imperative that you change your system filters regularly throughout the summer season. When dirt, dust, dander and other types of pollutants are allowed to accumulate in the filter, the performance and overall efficiency of your AC system is drastically reduced.
- Don’t forget the AC coil inspection – The coils within your outdoor system compressor must be clear on all types of debris, dirt and other particles at all times in order for your system to operate properly and efficiently. Though you should typically have the AC coils cleaned at the start of the summer season, we highly recommend you continue to keep them clear and clean by rinsing them often with your garden hose all summer long.
- Properly functioning run capacitors – The efficient startup and running of your AC system is performed by the system run capacitors. If these capacitors fail for any reason at all, the fan motor or compressor will be shut down automatically. Routine inspections of the system will help to alleviate any unsuspecting AC problems with the run capacitors and will contribute to a high performing AC system.
- Avoid motor failures – Your AC system encounters a multitude of strains every day. From leaks, low refrigerant and dirty filters to failed components and a malfunctioning compressor, these strains are countless. All of these issues can ultimately lead to a motor failure, leaving you and your family without the cool and comfort you want and need during the hot summer months. Again, routine maintenance as well as inspections can identify potential problems early on and avoid motor failures and costly system repairs.
There You Have It
Here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling, our team of dedicated HVAC technicians is steadfast in their commitment to provide all our valued clients with the highest quality HVAC parts and services this side of Tennessee. For more information on how you can avoid costly AC problems, or to schedule routine maintenance, a tune-up, a checkup or any other AC system service appointment, reach out to our trusted team today! We look forward to our every opportunity to serve you and to ensure that you and your family stay cool, safe and comfortable all summer long. There are still a whole lot of summer days to enjoy, so don’t delay in scheduling your routine system maintenance now.