Winter is just around the corner so it’s time to prepare your furnace for winter. Avoid the last minute panic that typically occurs when all of a sudden the cold months are upon you and you discover that your furnace is just not working properly. There is nothing quite as upsetting than having a dysfunctional furnace in the dead of the winter months. With that said, it is important to prepare your furnace for winter well before the brisk, bitter cold weather arrives.
Proper Steps to Take
The exact maintenance routine for your furnace and heating system is truly dependent upon the tips and suggestions provided by the manufacturer. However, the highly skilled and experienced HVAC technicians here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling are prepared to provide our valued clients with some very helpful simple tips to prepare your furnace for winter.
- For starters, it is critical that you have your furnace checked each and every year. Call in our trusted and friendly professionals to inspect your heating system and determine how to get your furnace up and running efficiently and determine if there are any repairs or parts replacements that are needed in order for your furnace to function properly. Our expert technicians will also check for any dangerous conditions that may exist in your system that could potentially lead to house fires if left unattended.
- Next, you want to be certain to replace the air filters on your heating system. These filters should be replaced every two or three months, depending upon the season and should be free of dust, dirt and other debris at all times. If you are not comfortable to perform this task on your own, rest assured our experienced techs can take care of this service for you as well.
- In preparation of the winter months, it is also important that your chimney is inspected. You want to be certain there are no obstructions such as accumulated debris or even birds nests and that there is no pile up of soot since this can be quite dangerous and can result in a fire if left unattended. You should call in a chimney inspector to take care of this task for you since it may require climbing and detailed cleaning of the chimney ducts.
- The next important step to take is to make sure that the furnace burners are free of any debris, dirt, dust or other elements. When the furnace is not in operation, dust and other elements can accumulate, so you want to be certain that you check and clean the burners before the cold weather arrives. Again, if you are not comfortable to perform this task the expert teams here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling will tend to your needs and will also check for any misalignment or rust at the same time.
- Finally, there are a few very important components of your heating system that must be checked for efficiency. These components need to be in perfect working order so that your furnace will be ready to provide all the needed heat in the cold winter months. For maintenance of these primary components, we here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling suggest you call in our expert techs and allow us to make any repairs or adjustments needed to get these components working properly. The components we are referring to are the furnace blower which may need oiling and cleaning, the heating thermostat which, if an older thermostat, may need to be updated in order to allow you to have complete control of the heat in your home at all times, and heating vents, which should be completely open and not blocked by any furniture or other items.
Our Superior Team of HVAC Techs
With winter just around the corner, it’s time to schedule an appointment with our leading edge team to clean your furnace. Be certain to schedule your appointment early on and not wait till the last minute. A professionally cleaned furnace and heating system works far better and more efficiently than a system that is not professionally maintained and cleaned and will save consumers money over the long run.
If you are like most people, you probably are not familiar with how your heating system works, which means you should contact the professionals here at South Nashville Heating and Cooling for all your furnace needs. It’s time to prepare your furnace for winter and surely our top of the line techs are here to provide all the proper maintenance needed to make your furnace work more efficiently and save you money on your energy bills as well. Contact us today to schedule your furnace cleaning. We look forward to serving you and contributing to a happy, warm and safe winter season for you and your entire family!