Everybody loves their pets. Pets are truly a part of the family, providing lots of companionship, play time and certainly unconditional love. No matter what your pet may be, whether dog, cat, or even a bird, they all have one thing in common. They all have dander than can trigger all types of allergies and perhaps even contribute to health conditions. The team at South Nashville Heating & Cooling want you to understand that keeping your home allergy friendly can start with a simple investment in HEPA filters.
KEEP YOUR HOME COMFORTABLE AND SAFE
The proteins that are found in pet dander, saliva, urine, skin flakes and feces, CAN each trigger allergic reactions. Further they can each aggravate or enhance asthma symptoms that are already present. In addition, the fur of your friendly family pet can also be home to a lot of environmental allergens including mold spores and pollen. Though the pet fur and even the bird’s feathers can be easily cleaned, the microscopic particles embedded in your pet’s fur can easily become airborne and are not as easy to remove.
Here are some simple techniques you can use to ensure the safety and comfort of your family members.
- Cleaning your home routinely and thoroughly certainly helps to remove dander. It is important to know that vacuuming actually will stir up dander, dust mites, spores and other allergens, so when doing so we highly recommend that you invest in a HEPA filter for your vacuum. Be sure to wipe down furniture and windowsills regularly and be sure to launder your curtains and drapes often. In addition, shaking out any throw rugs you have, and washing your blankets, pillows and even your pets’ bed, will contribute to a safer and more comfortable home atmosphere.
- Taking steps to remove the dander, mites and other allergens from the air in your home can be a bit of a challenge. Airborne allergens can be quite difficult to remove with cat dander being even more stubborn than dust mites. Dissipating cat dander can take weeks on end and is surely a challenge to all.
- Using HEPA filters (high efficiency particulate air) for your vacuum or your HVAC system is one of the best approaches to take when trying to achieve an allergy friendly home. These state-of-the-art filters force air through a very fine mesh which then traps a variety of pollutants including, but not limited to, pet dander, pollen, dust mites, and tobacco smoke to name a few.
- Cleaning your HVAC system is an absolute must do. If you have floor vents, simply vacuum them often with an attachment that allows you to grasp the pet dander, dust and the likes. Be sure to check your air filter once a month since a clogged air filter cannot properly purify the air in your home. Using air cleaners will help with the removal of dust, pollen, mold spores, bacteria and even viruses. In addition, taking steps to control the humidity in your home can eliminate unpleasant odors and mold spores.
- Finally, our team of dedicated professionals would recommend the installation of a ductless mini-split system in your home, equipped with a HEPA filter, as an ideal option for providing purification to your home’s atmosphere.
THE PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
Today there are a wide range of air purification options homeowners can choose from. Here at South Nashville Heating & Cooling our team of highly experienced technicians are on hand to take care of your every need. For more information on HEPA filters, how to help with the purification of your home’s atmosphere, or if you are in need of high-quality HVAC products, services and repairs, be sure to reach out to our staff and schedule your free consultation or your service appointment today. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with only the highest quality products and services.