Post-summer storms can certainly present homeowners with a variety of challenges and protecting your AC system is just one of the many challenges. Protecting your air conditioning system from post-summer storms will not only contribute to the lifespan of your system, but will also contribute to its overall functionality and performance. Here are some helpful tips on how to stay protected and to protect your investment from the team at South Nashville Heating and Cooling.
We want to ensure that all our valued clients have a reliable AC system not only during a storm, but before and after a storm as well.
IMPORTANT TIPS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Insurance Riders – Though many homeowner insurance policies do provide coverage for some storms, homes located in areas that are typically prone to hurricanes, flooding, or tornadoes would require an added rider to cover these catastrophes. Investing in this additional coverage can certainly give you the peace of mind you need to know that your costly investment is covered and can be replaced quickly and effortlessly if need be.
- Controlling the use of electricity – It is important that every member of the family knows how to access the circuit breaker in your home and can easily and quickly turn the electricity off in the case of a raging storm. The team here at South Nashville Heating & Cooling highly recommends that homeowners always label the circuit breakers so that you can easily identify appliances, heating, HVAC system and lighting. When you turn off the circuit breaker that is connected to your HVAC system, you protect the system from powerful electrical surges that could occur- or other damage.
- Use surge protectors – there is a wide range of surge protectors available on the market today. You can either choose a surge protector that protects everything in your house that is connected to your home’s electrical system, or you can choose to invest in individual surge protectors. A whole house surge protector will provide all the protection you need should lightning strike. Individual surge protectors will protect only the specific appliance or electronics that are plugged into the surge protector. If you want to ensure the safety and protection of all your appliances and electronics, then surge protectors are definitely the way to go.
- Purchasing a home generator – There are a variety of generators, all sizes and styles, available on the market today. Having a backup generator is one sure fire way of protecting your air conditioning system from storms. In addition, a generator will keep your AC system up and running during even the most challenging storms. Further, a generator can and will keep all your critical appliances, such as refrigerators or electronic devices, up and running during a storm.
- Cover your outside condenser – Typically, it is not such a good idea to cover your condenser. However, it may prove beneficial if you place a temporary tarp of some kind over the condenser to protect it from all types of flying debris during a storm. If debris is allowed to make its way into the condenser, the motor can be damaged, and you can experience system malfunctions and failures.
THE PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN ALWAYS TRUST
At South Nashville Heating & Cooling our highly skilled and certified professionals take tremendous pride in providing all our valued clients with the highest quality HVAC products and services. It is important to have your air conditioning system routinely inspected and maintained by our professionals to ensure it is in peak working order.
If your system does suffer damage from a storm, then surely you have come to the right place. Whether debris has clogged your unit, or you have experienced disconnections on the inside of your unit that can result in toxic coolant leaks, we are the team for you. A simple inspection and proper repairs to your air conditioning system will ensure that your AC is again safe to operate and will continue to provide your home and family with efficient, reliable cooling- all summer long. For all your HVAC products and service needs, be sure to reach out to the friendly professionals here at South Nashville Heating & Cooling Co. You’ll be more than glad you did!